PrimaryMarkets provides SECURE, CONTROLLED and private trading hubs for securityholders of Companies and Funds.
As part of the evolution of the PrimaryMarkets platform, we are now "live" with operating multiple online Ecosystems for the secondary trading (buying and selling) of issued securities in Unlisted Companies and Trusts.
After being initially approached in Q4 2016 by BlackWall Property Funds (ASX:BWF) (Market Cap ~A$60M), one of our supportive Members, we created an Ecosystem for their unitholders to trade their unlisted units in any of the 13 unlisted Property Funds managed by BlackWall in Australia (these Funds have a portfolio value in excess of A$600M).
How do unlisted entities support secondary trading for their security holders without using a PrimaryMarkets Ecosystem?
Today, an unlisted Company or unlisted Trust (Entity) with a wide shareholder/unitholder base usually comprised of early stage investors, supportive securityholders or current and former employees has no formal mechanism for these existing securityholders who want to sell their securities.
Securityholders realistically do not have any real means of independent price discovery for the value of their securities nor a repository to access current corporate documents.
PrimaryMarkets can provide the platform for Where an Entity that wants to create an orderly and informed environment marketplace for its securityholders to trade with transparency, independence, confidence and confidentiality.
BlackWall unitholders, for example, are now using the tailored Blackwall Ecosystem tailored and powered by PrimaryMarkets, are able to transact (buy and sell) their units with other unitholders.
Features of this particular Ecosystem include:
- The trading of units in any of BlackWall’s 13 unlisted property funds.
- Unitholders can subscribe for new BlackWall offerings or exit their existing investment before the relevant maturity date of each respective Trust.
- BlackWall unitholders are able to utilise the Ecosystem for several purposes:
- Access to up-to-date corporate information on each of the 13 property funds.
- Initiate sell and buy orders for units in any one of the 13 property funds.
- Update their unitholder information.
- PrimaryMarkets continues to facilitate secondary trading for unitholders with more than 5.8M units already transacted in one trust alone.
Features of a PrimaryMarkets Ecosystem
- Dedicated and Private: Ecosystem – fully customised platform accessible only to those the Entity wishes, for each Company/Trust and its securityholders.
- Investor Resources: the Entity Company determines which information is made available (e.g. accounts, investor presentations, research notes)
- Flexible Share Trading Rules: ensures adherence to all the trading rules advised by the Company Entity
- Transaction controls: timing, conditions of sale, access to greater PrimaryMarkets Network can be determined by the Company (or if permitted, by each seller)
- Transparency: full management and monitoring of transactions by the Entity Company
- Dedicated Customer support: online and offline assistance from the PrimaryMarkets account managers
- Integrated processes for settlement and Share registration: full service solution for the EntityCompany and its securityholders
- PrimaryMarkets Escrow: online administration for settlement and clearing of transactions
- Targeted Investors: access to PrimaryMarkets’ institutional, accredited, wholesale and professional Investor Network
The Entity Company/Fund determines if trading is to be:
- Limited to only existing securityholders;
- Permit Company/Fund “Qualified Buyers” to participate; or
- Permits third-party investors to be Buyers i.e. access to PrimaryMarkets’ Investor Network
Multiple Ecosystems provided by PrimaryMarkets
Following the success of this first Ecosystem for the Blackwall Property Funds, PrimaryMarkets now has multiple Ecosystems either in place or under construction for unlisted Companies and Trusts across a diverse range of industries.
Why are private liquidity events for Unlisted Companies becoming the "norm"?
What are the advantages of a "private liquidity event" with PrimaryMarkets?
How does a "private liquidity event" affect valuation?
What is "Liquidity Premium"?