PrimaryMarkets today announces that Philip H. Reicherz, former Partner and Managing Director of SecondMarket (USA), which was an early pioneer in the trading of unlisted shares and warrants, has joined its Advisory Panel.Nick Capp, CEO of PrimaryMarkets said Mr. Reicherz would be an invaluable addition to the Panel given his 20 plus years’ experience in financial services and expertise in developing early stage companies:
“Philip was one of the driving forces behind the development of SecondMarket’s accredited and international retail and institutional investor base, many of their illiquid asset markets and current industry standards including documentation for processing off-market transactions. He also assisted buyers and sellers of alternative asset classes facilitate billions of dollars of off-market transactions.
SecondMarket’s most publicly recognised market was the trading of pre-IPO shares of Facebook, LinkedIn and Zigna and many other in-demand late stage private companies. Late last year, SecondMarket was sold to Nasdaq Private Markets.
Having a well-recognised and experienced Representative such as Philip will assist with the planned internationalisation of new listings and the growth of Buyer, Seller and Intermediary Members to our platform.”
Philip’s bio as appearing on the PrimaryMarkets’ website: Philip H. Reicherz, North American Representative
- Philip has 20+ years of financial services experiences and a deep expertise in assisting and managing the development of early and growth stage companies, with significant experience in international strategic planning, sales and relationship management and financial services/crowdfunding platforms and solutions.
- Philip was the first employee, Founding Partner and Head of Sales, Marketing and Research at SecondMarket Holdings, Inc (sold to NASDAQ Private Markets in Q4 2015). Philip left SecondMarket in 2011 to found/manage Magnolia Ventures LLC – a New York based Venture Fund.
- Previously, Philip held several sales & marketing positions at UBS Financial Services, Credit Suisse and Smith Barney.
- Philip is not only an early stage investor but is also a Strategic Advisor to a number of fintech/crowdfunding/technology platforms. In addition, Philip holds series 7 and 63 brokerage (FINRA) (USA) securities licenses.
- Philip brings to PrimaryMarkets his breadth of skill set and connections into both the North American, as well as, Asian based markets and investor base.
You can read the digital version of the Australian Financial Review article here or download a PDF version here.
SecondMarket was established in 2004 to deal in shares and warrants in unlisted USA Companies. Its most recognised ticket was trading US$500M pre-IPO Facebook shares. SecondMarket marketed itself in 2015 as having >US$20B of “tough to trade assets” on its books (including “restricted shares in public companies, collateralised debt obligations, auction-rate securities, bankruptcy claims”) and had processed in CY 2013 and CY 2014 >US$2.5B in transaction volume. Equity investors into SecondMarket totalled ~US$34M including Temasek (SQ) US$7.5M and Li Ka-shing (HK) US$7.5M. SecondMarket grew to ~500 staff and was acquired in November 2015 for undisclosed sum by NASDAQ Private Market (USA).
PrimaryMarkets delivers liquidity for Unlisted Securities and Investments. PrimaryMarkets is led by a highly-professional Board and Management with strong marketplace experience and is an unlisted Australian public company with a diverse shareholding of institutional, professional and wholesale/sophisticated investors. PrimaryMarkets has an ever growing base of Sellers, Buyers and Intermediaries. PrimaryMarkets offers solutions for global Sellers and Buyers with investments being located in most worldwide jurisdictions.