As part of PrimaryMarkets’ upcoming 2nd Birthday celebrations on Tuesday 20th March 2018, we have visiting Australia our Strategic Advisor and North American representative Philip Reicherz.
Philip was the first employee, Founding Partner and Head of Sales, Marketing and Research at SecondMarket Holdings, Inc (sold to NASDAQ in October 2015).
In late 2009, Philip founded Magnolia Ventures, a seed-stage and early-stage venture capital fund based in Manhattan.
Philip is an investor and mentor to a number of fintech, crowdfunding and technology platforms. He has extensive knowledge of the U.S. venture capital market and considerable experience in blockchain and cryptocurrencies through both investments and advisory.
Through his involvement and ownership of SecondMarket Holdings, Inc., Philip was one of the founding shareholders of Digital Currency Group (NY) – an early stage digital currencies/blockchain investment entity with a portfolio of 100+ investments in 20+ countries, a full service, institutional trading firm focused on digital currencies and an asset management division with US$2B+ under management
Philip has 20+ years of financial services experiences and a deep expertise in assisting and managing the development of early and growth stage companies, with significant experience in international strategic planning, sales and relationship management and financial services/crowdfunding platforms and solutions.
Philip is not only an early stage investor but is also a Strategic Advisor to a number of fintech/crowdfunding/technology platforms with PrimaryMarkets being his only Australian-based entity.
Currently, he is the Chairman of CrowdHut and a Strategic Advisor to Centrallo, Crowdsunite, Inc., Fraud Guarantee Holdings, Inc., Fundable.com, Pluris Valuation Advisors, Prometheum Inc., QuarterSpot, SCH Venture Incubator and SkyRank System. Philip holds series 7 and 63 brokerage (FINRA) (USA) securities licenses. Previously, Philip held several sales & marketing positions at UBS Financial Services, Credit Suisse and Smith Barney.
About Digital Currency Group Inc.
- Digital coin funds management
- A leading digital currency/blockchain media platform
- Digital currency trading/brokerage
- Current investors include MasterCard, New York Life and Western Union.
- Barry Silbert, Founder and CEO of both SecondMarket and DCG is one of the first and most active investors in the digital currency space providing seed money for many of the companies who have gone on to define the industry
- One of DCG Board is a current Director of AT&T, NASDAQ and Federal Reserve Bank of New York
About SecondMarket Holdings, Inc.
- SecondMarket was established in 2004 to deal in shares and warrants in unlisted USA Companies.
- Its most recognised ticket was trading US$500M pre-IPO Facebook shares.
- Asian-based Equity investors in SecondMarket included Temasek (SQ) US$7.5M and Li Ka-shing (HK) US$7.5M.
- SecondMarket marketed itself in 2015 as having >US$20B of “tough to trade assets” on its books (including “restricted shares in public companies, collateralised debt obligations, auction-rate securities, bankruptcy claims”) and had processed in CY 2013 and CY 2014 >US$2.5B in transaction volume.
- SecondMarket grew to ~500 staff and was acquired in November 2015 for undisclosed sum by NASDAQ Private Market (USA).