PrimaryMarkets Limited is delighted that Civic Ledger Pty Ltd has been named Australia’s Emerging FinTech Organisation of the Year at the 2018 Finnies, the annual awards held by FinTech Australia and the NSW Government.
PrimaryMarkets has selected Civic Ledger to be our Co-Founder of PrimaryLedger the blockchain-based, globally standardised Digital Registry Services for unlisted securities and investments.
PrimaryLedger will become a global, standardised Exchange Platform for Unlisted Securities & Investments by using blockchain technology to revolutionise the securities and unlisted asset registry markets:
- Returns registry control to Issuers.
- A global marketplace for investors and securityholders.
- Enable instantaneous peer-to-peer trading of unlisted assets.
- Increased liquidity for shareholders.
- Decrease transaction costs.
- Automation which will remove huge amounts of paperwork and manual labour.
Primary Ledger is a joint venture between:
- PrimaryMarkets – a leading online marketplace that transacts secondary trading of existing securities and investments, manages secondary securities trading on behalf of companies and trusts and assists unlisted companies/trusts raise new capital.
- Civic Ledger – an expert in blockchain technologies, smart contracts and management of tokenisation services. The company has been working with government clients including the Queensland Government, the Federal Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and IP Australia.
- Sapien Ventures – a team of serial entrepreneurs, corporate veterans, seasoned investment bankers and capital markets experts having their own technology-focused early-stage venture capital fund which is a shareholder and backer of Civic Ledger.