Specialty Retail / Pharmaceuticals
Blooms The Chemist Group licenses and provides services to independently owned Blooms The Chemist network pharmacies (Blooms).
Background: The pharmacy industry plays an essential role in the delivery of primary healthcare in Australia. Generating approximately A$19.9B in revenue, the industry consists of around 5,800 pharmacies across the nation. Growth in pharmacy numbers is expected to reach 6,099 by the financial years 2024/25, with a revenue of A$21.8B. The pharmacy industry is a mature industry with low revenue unpredictability.
Blooms The Chemist is an Australian network of community pharmacies with over 100 stores operating across five states.
Blooms The Chemist’s senior management team, led by CEO and Managing Director Phillip Smith, has consistently delivered excellent financial results and dividend returns. The Company has achieved net profits of $15.1M (FY20), $11.8M (FY19) and $14.0M (FY18) in the last three financial years
Blooms The Chemist Pharmacies:
- Operate in the Australian pharmacy industry under its registered trademarks including its “Blooms The Chemist”.
- Use its business model and marketing systems.
- Engage the Company to provide operational support services to their business including:
- on site operations and business development consulting.
- information technology and communications consulting and support.
- human resources, payroll, finance and administration support.
- marketing and promotional support.
- merchandising support such as determining range and demand for core merchandise, negotiating terms of trade, managing purchases and preparing planograms for stock presentation.
- acquisition support in identifying pharmacies suitable for operation as a Blooms The Chemist Pharmacy and assisting in structuring ownership of such pharmacies.
- Engage the Company to negotiate favourable terms and administer benefits and rebates under wholesale and direct supply contracts on their behalf.
Secondary sales by existing shareholders are offered on the PrimaryMarkets Trading Platform.
Chief Marketing Officer
Head of Pharmacy and Ethical Buyer
Chief Financial Officer
Head of Organisational Development and Human Resources
Chief Information Officer
Head of Retail