Founded in 1991 by CEO Tim Sweeney, Epic Games is a leading American interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology.
With over 40 offices worldwide, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content.
Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections.
The company is also the developer of the Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.
2021 saw an generous increase in consumer uptick in the Epic Games Store, with a selection offering of 917 titles on sale, about US$840M was spent through the store last year which is up 20% from 2020.
Epic Games has raised a total of $5.1B in funding over 10 rounds. Their latest round of funding on Apr 13, 2021 raised $1 billion dollars included notable investment partners Sony Group Corporation, GIC and Sand Hill Angels
Unicorns Companies on the PrimaryMarkets Platform:
- USA based Companies with an estimated market capitalisation in excess of US$1B.
- Trading in these securities entails compliance with USA regimes such as FINRA and SEC as well as possible ROFR (Right Of First Refusal) imposed by many Unicorns.
- All Traders must be Sophisticated, Professional, Institutional, Accredited Investors.
- Minimum trade size US$250,000
- Enterprise Value US$28.9Bn (Nov 2021)
- Funding Raised to Date US$5.1Bn
- Last Funding Series $US1Bn (Apr 2021)