Making it easier for people to shop online
Klarna has a single aim: Making it easier for people to shop online.
Klarna, founded in Sweden in 2005, is the leading global payments and shopping service. Providing smarter and more flexible shopping and purchase experiences to 147 million global active consumers, across more than 400,000 merchants in 45 countries.
Their platform and services have supported merchandise transaction topping volumes over US$80bn.
Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and installment plans in a one-click purchase experience that lets consumers pay when and how they prefer.
Klarna’s is helping the World’s leading merchants to deliver innovative shopping experiences online and in-store, including: H&M, IKEA, Expedia Group, Samsung, ASOS, Peloton, Nike, Sephora and AliExpress, among many others.
Their Mission Statement is “On a mission to liberate humanity from the meaningless time spent managing their purchases, so they can do more of what they love.”
Klarna is now one of the most highly valued private fintech globally with a valuation of US$45.6B, as of 2021.
Unicorn Companies on the PrimaryMarkets Platform:
- USA based Companies with an estimated market capitalisation in excess of US$1B.
- Trading in these securities entails compliance with USA regimes such as FINRA and SEC as well as possible ROFR (Right Of First Refusal) imposed by many Unicorns.
- All Traders must be Sophisticated, Professional, Institutional, Accredited Investors.
- Minimum trade size US$250,000
Please Note: ‘Subject to pre-emptive rights and execution of approved transfer documentation’
Enterprise Value US$45.6bn (Jun 2021)
- Funding Raised to Date US$3.7bn
- Last Funding Series $US639m (Lead Investors – SoftBank Vision Fund, Jun 2021)
2021 Annual reporting
- US$1.6bn Total net operating income
- +42% Gross merchandise volume (YoY growth)
- +38% Total net operating income (YoY growth)