Australia’s leader in geological repository waste solutions
Tellus contributes toward a safer and cleaner Australia by developing a portfolio of geological repositories that provide waste storage, recycling, recovery, permanent isolation services and related commodity by-products.
- Tellus’ business model mirrors the world’s best practice solutions operating in the UK, Europe, USA and Canada
- World-class infrastructure assets supported by a national logistics network
- Attractive industry fundamentals with exposure to high-growth waste markets
- Diversified, high-quality customer base with long-term contracts attracted to Tellus’ unique value add proposition
- Strong financial profile, high barriers to entry and low environmental and liability risk
- First mover advantage in Australasia and highly experienced executive management team
- Significant multigenerational employment opportunities for indigenous people and enterprises.
Permanent Isolation Solutions
Tellus delivers value across four distinct stages that will each service unique target markets and jurisdictions. Tellus is developing the Sandy Ridge project first, the Chandler facility and other proposed projects will follow.
Tellus’ business model mirrors the world’s best practice solutions operating in the UK, Europe, USA and Canada.
Tellus strategy is underpinned by a balanced scorecard approach – with a focus on financial, customer, internal business processes, learning and growth perspectives.
- July 5, 2021 – Tellus successfully completes A$135M debt refinancing
- 2018 – Tellus Holdings Secures $102 million debt financing for Sandy Ridge build and other corporate costs
- 2017 – GIC involved in three successful Tellus funding rounds totalling A$37M
Tellus is an innovative environmental services company cleaning up hazardous waste across Australia by developing and operating geological repositories and reinvesting in its communities through the circular economy.
What is a Geological Repository?
- It is NOT a landfill. A landfill is an open-cut mine with a liner that will one day break and cause pollution (this is why there are limits to the types of hazardous materials that can be disposed of in a landfill).
- Tellus’ geological repository is totally different – it does not have a liner. Instead, its safety case is built on the natural barriers of our site (geologically stable, no groundwater, far away from people and a thick bed of clay).
- Multiple international experts independently confirmed that Sandy Ridge has some of the best geology in the world.
Tellus’ strategy delivers superior shareholder returns by developing, owning and operating a portfolio of long-life, low-cost, expandable, geological repositories and circular economy parks across Australia. These offer hazardous waste long-term storage, treatment, recycling, recovery and permanent isolation services and associated commodity by-products to our commercial, industrial and government clients.
The goal is to ensure that Tellus’ geological repositories will
- Consist of sites that meet international best practice site selection criteria
- Be geographically spread across Australia
- Be diversified by type (near surface repository in clay and deep repository in salt)
- Have broad and varying waste acceptance licences (hazardous and/or exempt/ low-level radioactive waste)
- Handle a variety of waste types
Tellus believe that waste is a valuable resource and we should find ways for it to re-enter the circular economy or be stored safely until it can.
Tellus is focused on developing two flagship dual revenue projects – The Sandy Ridge Facility (Western Australia) and The Chandler Facility (Northern Territory)