Digital marketplace connecting healthcare patients and doctors
Zocdoc is a digital marketplace company that connects healthcare patients and doctors.
Zocdoc offers an online service that allows people to find and book in-person or telemedicine appointments for medical or dental care. The platform also functions as a physician and dentist rating and comparison database.
The service is free for patients, and doctors pay to advertise their appointment slots. .
Zocdoc provides a scheduling system on a paid subscription basis for medical personnel. The scheduling system can be accessed by subscribers both as an online service and via the deployed office calendar software, or integrated with their websites.
Users can go to Zocdoc to search using a symptom, specialty, visit reason or doctor’s name, along with their location and insurance information to view available appointment slots. They can then narrow the search by reviewing office locations, photographs, personnel information, educational background, and user-submitted reviews.It includes a check-in feature, allowing patients to fill out medical forms online ahead of time.
Zocdoc is a two-sided platform that connects patients with physicians. It makes money by charging physicians, who chalk it up to marketing and scheduling costs. Zocdoc creates value for customers, healthcare professionals, and other stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
With Zocdoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online, make informed choices with verified reviews and stay on top of important check ups with tailored reminders. .
The firm, which pursues a founder-friendly investment strategy, is essentially managed by three partners, all of whom are themselves company founders:
- Peter Thiel (PayPal; Palantir);
- Luke Nosek (PayPal); and
- Sean Parker (Napster; Plaxo; founding president, Facebook).
- Other investors include SV Angel, Goldman Sachs and Bezos Expeditions.
Unicorns Companies on the PrimaryMarkets Platform:
- USA based Companies with an estimated market capitalisation in excess of US$1B.
- Trading in these securities entails compliance with USA regimes such as FINRA and SEC as well as possible ROFR (Right Of First Refusal) imposed by many Unicorns.
- All Traders must be Sophisticated, Professional, Institutional, Accredited Investors.
- Minimum trade size US$250,000
Total Funding (as of June 2021) – US$375.9M
Last funding round (February 2021) – US$150M (Private Equity Round)
Enterprise Value US$1.1B